Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Here's our Christmas card that's never going to get printed. Happy Green Christmas!
I realize that it's been so long since I've done an entry, which is a shame because there are so many fun times that I could have been documenting. Time just gets away!
We've had a wonderful Christmas season. Aubree is at the cutest age to enjoy all of the fun Christmas stuff like Santa, baby Jesus, presents, candy, and parties. She got to meet Santa Claus 3 times this year. The first time was at the mall and was a disaster:
The next time was a few weeks later at the oil ranch. We were outside so she first saw him from a long distance and yelled out "Hi Santa" but when he invited her to come over she decided that she was close enough. I finally coxed her to get on his lap and she didn't cry but wasn't too happy either.
Last week Aubree met Santa Claus for the 3rd time at our play group's Christmas party. Though she still wouldn't smile for the camera, she did actually talk to him this time and went back to his lap several times during the party.
I really hadn't talked about Santa that much to her except when I was directly preparing her to see him at a party or event so last night I remembered to tell her that he was coming to visit our house and that he would leave candy and presents for Aubree, Taylor, and Brittany. She responded by saying "Where's Jesus?" so I figured she didn't really understand what I was talking about. This morning at 5 am John and I hear Aubree shout through the monitor, "Hi Santa!" It was just about the cutest thing ever and I wondered if Santa Claus really did visit her in her room. Luckily, she went back to sleep right away until a reasonable hour and had a great time later this morning sharing gifts with the family and eating Hershey Kisses for the first time. (Possible caffeine related hyper problem, will update after more research.)
Love to everyone! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment